Professional Freelance Digital Artist/Designer, specializing in Science Fiction, Space Art and Fantasy. I look forward to your projects.
Hello, my name is Daniel, as you probably guessed and I am a freelance digital artist and designer dedicated to environmental, landscape and scenery art, including space art, for different kinds of media such as for websites, books and more. Besides, I also provide photo editing and graphic design.
Very early on in my career, I had a kind of fascination with landscapes, space and environments. There are so many different kinds of characters in landscapes, from the good natured, like vibrant with water flowing, the sun shining between tree crowns, to the darker elements, like thunderstorms, deep gorges and volcanic skies.
My approach to new projects is very explorative, abstract, rough and open minded. Usually my work-flow at the beginning of projects is putting down thumbnail ideas on the canvas in Photoshop. Once the ideas are nailed down, I refine and add the intricate details, always keeping the clients needs and feedback in mind.
Little inside on how your covers are being approached:
It is actually fairly simple.
1. Thumbnails and mock-ups for composition and story telling would be created first and also what elements should be presented to tell the viewer what the book is about. These are usually about 2 - 3 thumbnails. Sometimes, if the author has a clear vision about the cover, the thumbnail part is skipped.
Moodboard with references for colours, textures, elements and more will be made as well.
2. After the decision for a thumbnail that works best for the final cover, it would go into the stage of refinement and creating the final rendering. After the thumbnail as a foundation has been decided, minor changes and adding elements can be made, but they must not change the overall design.
3. Once the cover art is done or in a stage of getting done, the graphic design aspect with choosing fonts with the client and making them flow with the overall theme of the book would come into place.
Exchanging ideas and feedback happens via direct messaging on Reedsy.
Ranging from 800 - 4000 EUR. ( Approx. $876 - $4379 )
-Standard project typically swims around 1000 EUR. ( Approx. $1095 )
-Least starts at 800 EUR. ( Approx. $876 )
Custom Artwork/Illustration for promotions, adverts, banners, booths etc.: 850 EUR ( Approx. $931 )
-Small(1/4 page size): 300 EUR ( Approx. $328)
-Medium(1/2 page size): 600 EUR ( Approx. $657 )
-Large(paperback cover sized): 850 EUR ( Approx. $931 )
-Very large(big poster size, banners): 1200 EUR ( Approx. $1314 )
I also provide Book Interior Artworks/Illustrations/Graphics
Ebook cover art and graphic design: 1000 EUR ( Approx. $ 1095 )
Print paperback cover art and graphic design: 1300 EUR ( Approx. $1423 )
Ebook + Print, paperback art and graphic design included: 1800 EUR ( Approx. $1970 )
- Social Media Cover Photos: + 100 EUR ( Approx. $109 )
- Social Media Adverts (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Emailings, Website, Banner etc.) : + 150 EUR ( Approx. $164 )
- 3D-Mockups(five different views of the paperback book cover) : + 200 EUR ( Approx. $219 )
- Web Adverts and Emailing( 10 different formats for web and emailing ): + 150 EUR ( Approx. $164 )
It is also possible to request the "Additional Content" for your existing paperback cover, as well as standalone artworks or promotional art that represents or envisions the world of your book. This can also be done in combination for your booth at conventions or fairs in terms of banners or posters.
I always let payments to be made in installments, so that it can be managed in a flexible way. Usually I split the installments in several parts, but if the price is reaching a critical point for an individual, I grant the price to be paid in a monthly matter. Of course those payment plans can be changed, if the client is able to pay much faster than expected. The last installment is not neccessarily equal to the estimated finishing date, which means that the finishing date can be planned independently.
Do not hesitate to ask, if anything is unclear.
If you are interested and would like to work with me or have any questions regarding my service or work, please feel free to send me a request.
I am based in Germany so my design skills can be offered in both German(native) and English(fluent).
I look forward to your projects!
Book Cover Art and Design; Ebook and Paperback Design, Typography and Layout.
Social Media Cover Photos, Social Media Adverts, 3D-Mockups, Adverts for Web and Emailing.
Worked in a design studio, graphic design print, digital illustration, photo manipulation, image editing, colour correction, concept art for video games, freelance concept art for indie development studios, skybox/background art for space games, promotional concept art and assets, digital art and concept art for book cover, wallpaper art, artbook creation(graphic design, layout, writing)
Background Art for upcoming exhibition.
Artwork featured "On The Edge" in 2DArtist Magazine Gallery.
Background Art, Skyboxes.
Design, promitional paintings, concept art ingame content.
early concept art and scribbles fantasy novel.